The Subcommittee on Human Rights condemned the human rights situation inside the country.
Human right violations in Equatorial Guinea were highlighted in a World Council of Churches sponsored side-event at the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland.
The French Indictment against Teodorin Comes after a Three-Year Investigation.
After Months in Prison, Equatoguinean Activist Clara Nsegue Eyi is Released.
The news about the release of Mr. Esono Nsogo highlights the continued human rights abuses in Equatorial Guinea.
OSI prepared a summary of evidentiary materials submitted in May 2013 to the United States District Court for the Central District of California by the U.S. Department of Justice to support its claims for forfeiture of approximately $32 million of property owned by Teodorin Nguema Obiang of Equatorial Guinea, arising from allegations that it derives from the proceeds of extortion, misappropriation, bribery and other criminal conduct.
In this video-illustration, EG Justice and the celebrated artist, Ramon Esono Ebale explain the most relevant details of the U.S. Department of Justice cases against Teodoro Nguema Obiang "Teodorin", Vice-President, Senator, and son of the president of Equatorial Guinea.
The Department of Justice re-filed claims against Teodorin’s property in California.
Teodorin's celebrations seem premature; the global investigations into his alleged involvement in massive corruption in Equatorial Guinea, his oil rich, but poverty stricken, home country, are far from over.
The country has again scored low in the 2013 Corruption Perceptions Index.
Latest News About EG
- A I Asiwaju; Bawuro M Barkindo; R E Mabale (1)
- A P Davis; E Flgueiredo (1)
- A Benito; J Roche; R Molina; C Amela; J Alvar (2)
- A Gil, J Vioque y E Torija (1)
- A Heredia; A Vallejo; V Soriano; M Gutierrez; S Puente; J S Epstein; I K Hewlett (1)
- A Herrero, C Aedo, M Velayos, and R L L Viane (1)
- A Riaza; M L Martinez-Torres; R Ramon-Lluch; J Alonso; P Heras (1)
- A Toll; F Gallardo; M Ferran; M Gilaberte; M Iglesias; J L Gimeno; S Rondini; R M Pujol (1)
- A. Martín del Molino (1)
- Aaron Segal, and Max Liniger-Goumaz (1)
- International Monetary Fund (1)
- UN. Commission on Human Rights, and Special Rapporteur on Torture (1)
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1)
- AFP (3)
- Africa Live Online (1)
- Africa Progress Panel (1)
- African Affairs, Vol. 103, Issue 413, pp. 547-567 (1)
- African Development Bank, African Union, UN Economic Commission for Africa (1)
- African Economic Outlook (1)
- African Training and Research Centre in Administration for Development (2)