The African Union Must Compel Equatorial Guinea to Abide by the Charter on Elections, Democracy and Governance.
Appointing President Obiang's business partner to monitor elections in Equatorial Guinea shows AU’s disregard for human rights and democracy in the country.
EG Justice Calls for the Immediate Release of Relatives of Political Opponent, Unlawfully Detained in Equatorial Guinea, without Access to a Lawyer.
The Equatorial Guinea government carried out violent attacks over the last 24 hours against members of opposition party Ciudadanos por la Inovacion (CI, Citizens for Innovation).
Grave concerns about mounting human rights violations committed by the government of Equatorial Guinea ahead of the April 24 presidential election against political opposition and independent media.
Great concerns about mounting human rights violations committed by the government of Equatorial Guinea ahead of the April 24 presidential election against political opposition and media journalists.
Press freedom and access to information are severely curtailed in the country. Here is an illustration of recent examples of government censorship and violations of freedom of expression, assembly and association.
Concerns about EITI not keeping constituencies fully involved were raised during their last annual meeting.
The following is a press statement released by CEID after the government ordered it to stop all activities.
Ahead of the April 24 presidential Elections, suddenly and unilaterally convened by President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, EG Justice reached out to Andrés Esono Ondo, Secretary General of Convergencia Para la Democracia Social (CPDS, Convergence for Social Democracy), the main political opposition party in Equatorial Guinea, to discuss the upcoming elections and shed light on the irregularities seen so far in the electoral process.
Latest News About EG
- A I Asiwaju; Bawuro M Barkindo; R E Mabale (1)
- A P Davis; E Flgueiredo (1)
- A Benito; J Roche; R Molina; C Amela; J Alvar (2)
- A Gil, J Vioque y E Torija (1)
- A Heredia; A Vallejo; V Soriano; M Gutierrez; S Puente; J S Epstein; I K Hewlett (1)
- A Herrero, C Aedo, M Velayos, and R L L Viane (1)
- A Riaza; M L Martinez-Torres; R Ramon-Lluch; J Alonso; P Heras (1)
- A Toll; F Gallardo; M Ferran; M Gilaberte; M Iglesias; J L Gimeno; S Rondini; R M Pujol (1)
- A. Martín del Molino (1)
- Aaron Segal, and Max Liniger-Goumaz (1)
- International Monetary Fund (1)
- UN. Commission on Human Rights, and Special Rapporteur on Torture (1)
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1)
- AFP (3)
- Africa Live Online (1)
- Africa Progress Panel (1)
- African Affairs, Vol. 103, Issue 413, pp. 547-567 (1)
- African Development Bank, African Union, UN Economic Commission for Africa (1)
- African Economic Outlook (1)
- African Training and Research Centre in Administration for Development (2)