The Equatorial Guinea government goes to greath lengths to silence opposition. This is the latest against CPDS Secretary General.
As another example of total disregard of Freedom of Association in Equatorial Guinea, the Governor of Litoral Province, Amado Nguema Owono, ordered the suspension of a youth forum organized by Centro de Estudios e Investigaciones para el Desarrollo (CEID), a leading NGO promoting active civil society participation in human rights, good governance, and transparency.
“Dictators and their inner circles have always made easy targets for cartoonist.” That is the premise of the article by Rowan Moore Gerety, called Comics Without Captions: Can a cartoonist help unseat a dictator?, published in “VQR: A National Journal of Literature & Discussion.”
Two political activists were arrested and detained in Equatorial Guinea solely for exercising their right to freedom of expression and peacefully announcing a meeting to be held by the opposition political party.
News about arrests of youth from Rebola and the dismissal of a cultural center's management team are calls for serious concern.
An overview of activities and work by EG Justice during 2015.
The following is a report on Human Rights and Equatorial Guinea's poor performance.
In Equatorial Guinea today, many remain in prison after being convicted in trials, where no evidence was presented to substantiate the charges against the defendants.
President Obiang's remarks at home suggesting that criminals should have their tendons severed are clear indication of his disregard for human rights, and tells a different story than that given to international bodies.
Latest News About EG
- A I Asiwaju; Bawuro M Barkindo; R E Mabale (1)
- A P Davis; E Flgueiredo (1)
- A Benito; J Roche; R Molina; C Amela; J Alvar (2)
- A Gil, J Vioque y E Torija (1)
- A Heredia; A Vallejo; V Soriano; M Gutierrez; S Puente; J S Epstein; I K Hewlett (1)
- A Herrero, C Aedo, M Velayos, and R L L Viane (1)
- A Riaza; M L Martinez-Torres; R Ramon-Lluch; J Alonso; P Heras (1)
- A Toll; F Gallardo; M Ferran; M Gilaberte; M Iglesias; J L Gimeno; S Rondini; R M Pujol (1)
- A. Martín del Molino (1)
- Aaron Segal, and Max Liniger-Goumaz (1)
- International Monetary Fund (1)
- UN. Commission on Human Rights, and Special Rapporteur on Torture (1)
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1)
- AFP (3)
- Africa Live Online (1)
- Africa Progress Panel (1)
- African Affairs, Vol. 103, Issue 413, pp. 547-567 (1)
- African Development Bank, African Union, UN Economic Commission for Africa (1)
- African Economic Outlook (1)
- African Training and Research Centre in Administration for Development (2)