The Center for the Opening and Development of Latin America (CADAL) organized a conference for the International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Totalitarianism, in Buenos Aires, at the end of August 2016.
Ahead of the April 24 presidential Elections, suddenly and unilaterally convened by President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, EG Justice reached out to Andrés Esono Ondo, Secretary General of Convergencia Para la Democracia Social (CPDS, Convergence for Social Democracy), the main political opposition party in Equatorial Guinea, to discuss the upcoming elections and shed light on the irregularities seen so far in the electoral process.
A theater group was arbitrarily ordered to cancel its activities related to an HIV prevention campaign, because the government concluded that their work amounted to sedition.
Appointing President Obiang's business partner to monitor elections in Equatorial Guinea shows AU’s disregard for human rights and democracy in the country.
The government of Equatorial Guinea continues torturing and committing human rights abuses against opposition and anyone deemed to be against the ruling party. Freedom of expression is effectively non-existent.
The following is a press statement released by CEID after the government ordered it to stop all activities.
The African Union Must Compel Equatorial Guinea to Abide by the Charter on Elections, Democracy and Governance.
EG Justice calls on Reverend Jackson to pressure the government of Equatorial Guinea to stop harassing civil society and political activists; and to stop torturing and committing violent acts.
Opposition parties have emphatically condemned this hastened decision to hold the elections in April, which they consider an unconstitutional maneuver by President Obiang.
EG Justice Calls for the Immediate Release of Relatives of Political Opponent, Unlawfully Detained in Equatorial Guinea, without Access to a Lawyer.
Latest News About EG
- A I Asiwaju; Bawuro M Barkindo; R E Mabale (1)
- A P Davis; E Flgueiredo (1)
- A Benito; J Roche; R Molina; C Amela; J Alvar (2)
- A Gil, J Vioque y E Torija (1)
- A Heredia; A Vallejo; V Soriano; M Gutierrez; S Puente; J S Epstein; I K Hewlett (1)
- A Herrero, C Aedo, M Velayos, and R L L Viane (1)
- A Riaza; M L Martinez-Torres; R Ramon-Lluch; J Alonso; P Heras (1)
- A Toll; F Gallardo; M Ferran; M Gilaberte; M Iglesias; J L Gimeno; S Rondini; R M Pujol (1)
- A. Martín del Molino (1)
- Aaron Segal, and Max Liniger-Goumaz (1)
- International Monetary Fund (1)
- UN. Commission on Human Rights, and Special Rapporteur on Torture (1)
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1)
- AFP (3)
- Africa Live Online (1)
- Africa Progress Panel (1)
- African Affairs, Vol. 103, Issue 413, pp. 547-567 (1)
- African Development Bank, African Union, UN Economic Commission for Africa (1)
- African Economic Outlook (1)
- African Training and Research Centre in Administration for Development (2)