After Months in Prison, Equatoguinean Activist Clara Nsegue Eyi is Released.
The country has again scored low in the 2013 Corruption Perceptions Index.
In the present submission for the forthcoming 19th session of the Universal Periodic Review of Equatorial Guinea, EG Justice and the RIDH highlight the current human rights situation in the country, particularly with regard to civil and political rights, and makes recommendations to address persistent violations
In this video-illustration, EG Justice and the celebrated artist, Ramon Esono Ebale explain the most relevant details of the U.S. Department of Justice cases against Teodoro Nguema Obiang "Teodorin", Vice-President, Senator, and son of the president of Equatorial Guinea.
Teodorin's celebrations seem premature; the global investigations into his alleged involvement in massive corruption in Equatorial Guinea, his oil rich, but poverty stricken, home country, are far from over.
OSI prepared a summary of evidentiary materials submitted in May 2013 to the United States District Court for the Central District of California by the U.S. Department of Justice to support its claims for forfeiture of approximately $32 million of property owned by Teodorin Nguema Obiang of Equatorial Guinea, arising from allegations that it derives from the proceeds of extortion, misappropriation, bribery and other criminal conduct.
Human Rights Talks: European Parliament holds exchange of views about human rights in Equatorial Guinea.
EG Justice and ONE.org are speaking out against big oil, and are asking the Securities and Exchange Comission to require transparency and accountability from oil companies.
Arbitrary Detentions Continue in EG: The Indefinite Detention of Clara Nsegue Eyí Highlights the Continued Lack of Respect of the Equatoguinean Government for the Rule of Law and Human Rights.
U.S. House Members Consider the African “Resource Curse”: Tutu Alicante Provided Testimony at House Subcommittee Hearing
Latest News About EG
- A I Asiwaju; Bawuro M Barkindo; R E Mabale (1)
- A P Davis; E Flgueiredo (1)
- A Benito; J Roche; R Molina; C Amela; J Alvar (2)
- A Gil, J Vioque y E Torija (1)
- A Heredia; A Vallejo; V Soriano; M Gutierrez; S Puente; J S Epstein; I K Hewlett (1)
- A Herrero, C Aedo, M Velayos, and R L L Viane (1)
- A Riaza; M L Martinez-Torres; R Ramon-Lluch; J Alonso; P Heras (1)
- A Toll; F Gallardo; M Ferran; M Gilaberte; M Iglesias; J L Gimeno; S Rondini; R M Pujol (1)
- A. Martín del Molino (1)
- Aaron Segal, and Max Liniger-Goumaz (1)
- International Monetary Fund (1)
- UN. Commission on Human Rights, and Special Rapporteur on Torture (1)
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1)
- AFP (3)
- Africa Live Online (1)
- Africa Progress Panel (1)
- African Affairs, Vol. 103, Issue 413, pp. 547-567 (1)
- African Development Bank, African Union, UN Economic Commission for Africa (1)
- African Economic Outlook (1)
- African Training and Research Centre in Administration for Development (2)