The U.S. Justice Department is being urged to ensure that any settlement of its anti-corruption case against Teodorin Nguema Obiang, son of the ruler of Equatorial Guinea, protects the interests of the country’s people and others linked to the case.
In this video-illustration, EG Justice and the celebrated artist, Ramon Esono Ebale explain the most relevant details of the U.S. Department of Justice cases against Teodoro Nguema Obiang "Teodorin", Vice-President, Senator, and son of the president of Equatorial Guinea.
Teodorin's celebrations seem premature; the global investigations into his alleged involvement in massive corruption in Equatorial Guinea, his oil rich, but poverty stricken, home country, are far from over.
OSI prepared a summary of evidentiary materials submitted in May 2013 to the United States District Court for the Central District of California by the U.S. Department of Justice to support its claims for forfeiture of approximately $32 million of property owned by Teodorin Nguema Obiang of Equatorial Guinea, arising from allegations that it derives from the proceeds of extortion, misappropriation, bribery and other criminal conduct.
The Department of Justice re-filed claims against Teodorin’s property in California.
The country has again scored low in the 2013 Corruption Perceptions Index.
The French Indictment against Teodorin Comes after a Three-Year Investigation.
The news about the release of Mr. Esono Nsogo highlights the continued human rights abuses in Equatorial Guinea.
Reports about the Universal Periodic Review of Equatorial Guinea aired by Deutsche Welle (DW) and Radio Africa No 1. (French audio)
A look at the relationship between South Africa and Equatorial Guinea: we expect moral leadership from SA on the African continent.
Latest News About EG
- A I Asiwaju; Bawuro M Barkindo; R E Mabale (1)
- A P Davis; E Flgueiredo (1)
- A Benito; J Roche; R Molina; C Amela; J Alvar (2)
- A Gil, J Vioque y E Torija (1)
- A Heredia; A Vallejo; V Soriano; M Gutierrez; S Puente; J S Epstein; I K Hewlett (1)
- A Herrero, C Aedo, M Velayos, and R L L Viane (1)
- A Riaza; M L Martinez-Torres; R Ramon-Lluch; J Alonso; P Heras (1)
- A Toll; F Gallardo; M Ferran; M Gilaberte; M Iglesias; J L Gimeno; S Rondini; R M Pujol (1)
- A. Martín del Molino (1)
- Aaron Segal, and Max Liniger-Goumaz (1)
- International Monetary Fund (1)
- UN. Commission on Human Rights, and Special Rapporteur on Torture (1)
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1)
- AFP (3)
- Africa Live Online (1)
- Africa Progress Panel (1)
- African Affairs, Vol. 103, Issue 413, pp. 547-567 (1)
- African Development Bank, African Union, UN Economic Commission for Africa (1)
- African Economic Outlook (1)
- African Training and Research Centre in Administration for Development (2)